Lindsay Community Theater
The Biggest Little Theater in Central California
The Theater Gallery
The Lindsay Theater was built in the 1930's
as a movie house.
It was bought by a group of citizens and
converted to a play house in 1983
The entrance looks much the same as it did 80
The front lobby is a gathering place for patrons
before and after an event.
The snack bar serves drinks and snacks at plays
This mural depicts folks waiting in line to enter the
theater to see The Wizard of Oz.
The light and sound booth is a hub of activity
during a performance.
This is a view of the stage from the rear entrance,
showing a rehearsal set for an upcoming play.
This is an actor's view of the auditorium which
seats 260 patrons.
Seats for the theater were purchased from a
movie house in Los Angeles that was renovating.
An elegant stairway leads to the upper lobby and
The stairs were recently fitted with friction strips
to prevent slips.
The upper lobby is well equipped to meet the
needs of our patrons.
Snacks are sold to patrons who are seated in the
Beer and wine are available to patrons for their
This portal leads to the cabaret.
Only a few more steps bring you to the top of the
The view from the entrance to the cabaret shows
the stage far below. Acoustics in the theater are
so good that sound travels well to patrons here.